MAHLE Behr Japan K.K.
The history of MAHLE Behr Japan KK might still be short, but the company is under MAHLE Behr GmbH & Co, KG which has more than a century of expertise in heating and cooling technologies. Under the Group’s business unit “Thermal Management”, the company provides solutions for engine cooling, air conditioning, battery thermal management for Japanese OE manufacturers.
Established: June 1998
Subscribed Capital: JPY10 million
Managing/Representative Director: Seiho Akazawa
No. of Employees: 38 (FY2016)
Sales: JPY3.6 billion (FY2016)
Business Sector: Systems supplier to the automotive industry (Main product groups: engine cooling, air-conditioning, battery thermal management)
Locations in Japan
Head Office: 1-9-12 Kita-otsuka, Toshima-ku, Tokyo 170-0004
Tel: +81 3-5980-0428
Ebina Office: 22F Ebina Prime Tower, 2-9-50 Chuo, Ebina, Kanagawa 243-0432
Tel: +81 46-204-7010
Customers (in alphabetical order)
- Hino Motors, Ltd.
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
- Honda R&D Co., Ltd.
- Isuzu Motors Ltd.
- Mazda Motor Corp.
- Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corp.
- Mitsubishi Motors Corp.
- Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.
- Suzuki Motor Corp.
- Toyota Motor Corp.
- UD Trucks Corp.
- The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.
- Mizuho Bank, Ltd.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp.
- 1998 Established as Behr Japan K.K. (Location: Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo), as 100% subsidiary of Behr GmbH (Location: Stuttgart, Germany).
- 2000 Joint venture, Sanden-Behr Air-Conditioning Systems Co., Ltd. (Location: Taito-ku, Tokyo) established with Sanden Corp. (Location: Isezaki, Gunma). Business of HVAC development and sales operational until 2008.
- 2001 Joint venture, Behr-Tokyo Engine Cooling Systems K.K (Location: Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo), with T-Rad Co., Ltd (Location: Shibuya-ku, Tokyo), responsible for sale of engine cooling system and related parts. Operations ended in 2011.
- 2002 Relocation of Japan head office within Shinagawa-ku, from Togoshi to Gotanda.
- 2011 Relocation of Japan head office from Shinagawa-ku to Toshima-ku.
- 2012 Relocation of Japan head office within Toshima-ku, from Ikebukuro to Kita-otsuka.
- 2013 Company name changed to MAHLE Behr Japan K.K.
- 2015 Thermal business of Delphi Automotive PLC becomes part of MAHLE Group in summer.
As at April 2017