MAHLE Electric Drives Japan Corporation
Established in 1931 to manufacture magnetos for aircraft, the company has evolved and expanded into the development and production of motors, fuel-ignition products, AC generators and more. Under MAHLE’s Mechatronics Division, the company is further expanding and working on forward-looking solutions that support electrification of the powertrain and e-mobility.
Established: July 1931
Subscribed Capital: JPY1 billion
President: Rikio Yoshikawa
Number of Employees:521 (FY2016)
Sales: JPY15.7 billion (FY2016)
Business Sector: Development and production of motor and mechatronics
Locations in Japan
Head Office & Technical Center: 3744 Ooka, Numazu, Shizuoka 410-0022
Tel: +81 55-921-5930
Numazu Plant: 2744 Ooka, Numazu, Shizuoka 410-0022
Tel: +81 55-921-5930
Gotemba Plant: 143-1 Jimba, Gotemba, Shizuoka 412-0047
Tel: +81 550-88-3360
Akita Plant: 1 Aza-Tanaka, Takasaki, Gojome-machi, Minamiakita-gun, Akita 018-1711
Tel: +81 18-852-4521
Customers (in alphabetical order, domestic)
- D.Nagata Co.,Ltd.
- Hitachi Automotive Systems, Ltd.
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
- Iseki & Co., Ltd.
- Kanematsu Corp.
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd.
- Kubota Corp.
- Sojitz Automotive & Engineering Inc.
- Subaru Corp.
- Suzuki Motor Corp.
- Tohatsu Marine Corp.
- Tokai Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Toyo Denso Co., Ltd.
- Yamabiko Corp.
- Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd.
- Yanmar Co., Ltd.
Major Banks (in alphabetical order)
- The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.
- Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation
- Mizuho Bank, Ltd.
- The Shizuoka Bank, Ltd.
- Suruga Bank Ltd.
- 1931 Company established in Tokyo.
- 1942 Numazu Plant established in Numazu City, Shizuoka Prefecture.
- 1949 Headquarters from Tokyo relocated to Numazu.
- 1951 Production of magnetos for motorcycles, agricultural machinery, and general purpose engines
- 1961 Listing in the Tokyo Stock Exchange, Second Section. Production of compact motors for office machine.
- 1969 Production launch of CD igniters.
- 1984 Production of brushless motors and control units for copy machine.
- 1986 Joint venture company, India Nippon Electricals Ltd., established in Tamilnadu, India (18.9% shares invested during establishment).
- 1991 Production of ABS motors for automotive application.
- 1995 Production of engine generator sets for OE application. Production of Fuel Injection (FI) system for snowmobiles and outboard engines.
- 1996 Joint venture, Langfang Kokusan Electric Co., Ltd, established in Langfang, Hebei Province, China (40% shares invested during establishment). Received ISO9001 certification.
- 2000 Received ISO14001 certification.
- 2004 Gotemba Plant established in Gotemba City, Shizuoka Prefecture.
- 2005 Production of EPS motors
- 2007 Received ISO/TS16949 certification.
- 2013 Hitachi, Ltd. transferred its share to MAHLE Japan Ltd.
- 2014 Capital increase by MAHLE Japan Ltd.; Joint venture, Kokusan MAHLE Siam Co., Ltd., established in Samut Prakan, Thailand.
- 2015 MAHLE Japan Ltd. acquires majority of shares. De-listing from Tokyo Stock Exchange, Second Section.
- 2016 Company name changed to MAHLE Electric Drives Japan Corporation.
As at April 2017