MAHLE Filter Systems Japan Corporation
MAHLE Filter Systems Japan Corporation developed and manufactured the industry’s first plastic cylinder head cover for passenger vehicle application in 1982. Today, this is one of the several products that the company is responsible for under the Group’s business unit “Filtration and Engine Peripherals”. With development and production capabilities, the company works closely with other MAHLE locations to serve the global needs of Japanese OE manufacturers.
Founded: February 1912
Reorganized: July 1945
Subscribed Capital: JPY37.5 billion
President & Representative Director: Takahisa Yamashita
No. of Employees: 668 (FY2016)
Sales JPY34.3 billion (FY2016)
Business Sector: Systems supplier to the automotive industry (Main products: filter systems and modules)
Locations in Japan
Head Office: 1-9-12 Kita-otsuka, Toshima-ku, Tokyo 170-0004
Tel: +81 3-6735-8400
Technical Center: 591 Shimo-akasaka, Kawagoe, Saitama 350-1155
Tel: +81 49-266-7701
Saitama Plant & Saitama Offce: 591 Shimo-akasaka, Kawagoe, Saitama 350-1155
Tel: +81 49-266-7612
Tochigi Plant: 24-1 Matsuyama-cho, Mooka, Tochigi 321-4346
Tel: +81 285-83-3002
Kanuma Plant: 1625 Sendo, Kanuma, Tochigi, 322-0002
Tel: +81 289-65-2135
Ibaraki: 1179 Takamori, Sakuragawa, Ibaraki 309-1246
Tel: +81 296-58-5151
Kyushu Plant: 4200-29 Kami-tonno, Nogata, Fukuoka 822-0003
Tel: +81 949-27-7171
Customers (in alphabetical order)
Major Banks (in alphabetical order)
- The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.
- Development Bank of Japan, Inc.
- The Joyo Bank, Ltd.
- Mizuho Bank, Ltd.
- Saitama Resona Bank Ltd.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp.
- 1912 Company established
- 1931 First air cleaner delivered to Ford Japan
- 1945 Company incorporated; Capital JPY190,000
- 1963 Saitama Plant and Technical Center completed
- 1971 Tochigi Plant completed
- 1973 Production of carbon canister begins
- 1975 Ibaraki Plant completed
- 1979 Production of plastic air cleaner begins
- 1981 Joint-venture company in Thailand established with Siam Motors
- 1982 Production of world's first plastic cylinder head cover begins
- 1987 Tennex established in Tennessee, USA
- 1990 Registered as over-the-counter company at Tokyo Stocks and Securities Association
- 1992 Tennex UK established in Salisbury, UK
- 1995 Received ISO9001 certification
- 1996 Tennex Philippines established. Company name changed from Tsuchiya Manufacturing Co., Ltd. to Tennex Corporation
- 2000 Received ISO14001 certification
- 2001 Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. transferred its 33.3% share of company stock to MAHLE Filtersysteme GmbH
- 2002 Company name changed to MAHLE Tennex Corporation. Tennex Korea established in South Korea
- 2005 Company name changed to MAHLE Filter Systems Japan Corporation. MAHLE Japan Ltd. acquires 100% share. Removal from JASDAQ listing. Received ISO/TS16949 certification.
- 2012 Kyushu Plant completed
- 2015 Ueno Industry Co., Ltd. becomes part of the Group and re-structured as Kanuma Plant.
- 2016 Production of plastic oil pan begins. MAHLE completes sale (in November) of industrial filtration activities to Filtration Group.
As at April 2017