MAHLE Engine Components Japan Corporation
MAHLE Engine Components Japan Corporation is a leading manufacturer of diesel pistons for commercial vehicles in the Asian market. Aside from the development and production of diesel pistons, the engineers at the Technical Center in Okegawa provide engineering solutions for Japanese passenger car and commercial application in the areas of pistons, bearings, camshafts and other products under the Group’s business unit “Engine Systems and Components”.
Founded: December 1923
Reorganized: February 1938
Subscribed Capital: JPY1.25 billion
President: Ivan A. Lenehan
No. of Employees: 868 (FY2016)
Sales: JPY20.1 billion (FY2016)
Business Sector: Systems supplier to the automotive industry (Main products: pistons and cylinder liners)
Locations in Japan
Head Office & Technical Center: 2-17 Akabori, Okegawa, Saitama 363-0002
Tsuruoka Plant: 1-12-10 Takarada, Tsururoka, Yamagata 997-0011
Yamagata Plant: 443 Omi-shita, Oe-machi, Nishimurayama-gun, Yamagata 990-1122
Hirata Plant: 104 Aza-kiriyama, Nagata, Hirata-mura, Ishikawa-gun, Fukushima 963-8205
Customers (in alphabetical order)
Major Banks (in alphabetical order)
- The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.
- Kirayaka Bank, Ltd.
- Mizuho Bank, Ltd.
- Saitama Resona Bank Ltd.
- The Shonai Bank, Ltd.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp.
- 1923 Izumi Motor Company established
- 1938 Izumi Automotive Industries Co., Ltd., established in Omiya City, Saitama Prefecture (Capital: JPY450 thousand)
- 1965 Kawagoe Plant established in Kawagoe City, Saitama Prefecture
- 1968 Technical tie-up with MAHLE
- 1970 Izumi Hirata Seiki Co., Ltd. established in Ishikawaga-gun, Fukushima Prefecture for production of cylinder liners
- 1972 MAHLE Engine Components (Thailand) Co., Ltd. (former Izumi Piston Mfg. Co. (Thailand) Ltd.) established in Bangkok, Thailand
- 1974 Tsuruoka Plant established in Tsuruoka City, Yamagata Prefecture
- 1976 Yamagata Izumi established in Nishimurayama-gun, Yamagata Prefecture
- 1988 Company name changed to Izumi Industries, Ltd.
- 1990 PT. Federal Izumi Manufacturing jointly established in Cileungsi-Bogor (Djakarta), Indonesia with PT. Federal Motor (former Astra Otoparts Tbk.)
- 1992 Technical Center established in Okegawa City, Saitama Prefecture
- 1993 Okegawa Plant established in Okegawa City, Saitama Prefecture
- 1994 MAHLE Engine Components (Chongqing) Co., Ltd. (former Chongqing Changjiang Izumi Piston Industries Co., Ltd.) established in Chongqing, China with Chongqing Changjiang Piston Industries Co., Ltd.
- 1995 Received TPM Excellence Prize Award
- 1997 Received Excellence in Consistent TPM Commitment Award
- 1998 Capital increase by MAHLE
- 1999 Received QS-9000 certification, Capital increase by MAHLE, MAHLE Engine Components (Yingkou) Co., Ltd., (former MAHLE-Izumi (Liaoning) Piston Co., Ltd.) established in Liaoning, China with MAHLE
- 2001 Shutdown of Okegawa Plant (Okegawa City, Saitama Prefecture) and manufacturing base integrated into Tsuruoka Plant (Tsuruoka City, Yamagata Prefecture)
- 2003 Capital increase by MAHLE (Capital: JPY1.25 billion), Company changed to MAHLE Izumi Corporation
- 2005 Received ISO/TS16949 certification, Company name changed to MAHLE Engine Components Japan Corporation
- 2006 Received ISO14001 certification, Yamagata Izumi and Hirata Izumi merged into MAHLE Engine Components Japan Corporation, Shutdown of Nishikawa Plant (Nishimurayama-gun, Yamagata prefecture)
As of April 2017